Clinics & Services
- Minor Operations - the doctorsoffer a full range of minor surgical procedures within the practice.
- Ante-natal and post-natal care
- Child health care and immunisation vaccinations
- Chronic Disease Management
- Travel vaccines
- Cervical smears
- Well-woman & Well-man checks
- Will provide health care to those who are housebound. Their contact number is: 01288 320132
- To be contacted on:01288 320131 (Bude) or in an emergency 01872 258000
- To be contacted on: 01208265786
Family Planning/Sexual Health Clinics
- There are several Family Planning Clinics held in the Bude Area. To make an appointment please call Brooks on 0300 3030714 or book on-line at www.sexualhealthcornwall.co.uk
- Emergency Contraception — You can call the surgery and ask for an “emergency appointment”. In most circumstances under 25 year olds can obtain free emergency contraception within 72 hours from any of the pharmacies.
HGV, PSV, Taxi, Elderly Drivers medicals are not covered by the NHS and there is a standard private fee. The doctors are happy to complete insurance forms, private certificates etc. Please ask for details and a list of fees at reception.
Neetside Surgery will be using Stratton Hospital for X-rays/Minor Injuries and any Consultant Referrals will be made to the patient’s preferred Hospital—either Barnstaple, Treliske, Exeter or Derriford.
We now have a First Care Physiotherapist (FCP) in the practice once a week, the role of the FCP is to assess patients with soft tissue, muscle and joint pain and to decide the most appropriate management pathway. Appointments for this service are available 1 week in advance only and are bookable through reception.
You can also self refer to the Physiotherapy Department by calling 01288 320115. As before if you would like to see a GP they can then refer you on to Physiotherapy.
Improving Access to General Practice
We are participating in a national incentive to offer evening and weekend appointments to make it easier for you to see a doctor, nurse or other healthcare professional at a time more convenient to you between 6.30pm – 8pm Monday to Friday and at the various hours at the weekend. The aim of the national scheme is to help people who may find it difficult to see a healthcare professional during the traditional surgery opening hours of 8.30am-6.30pm Monday to Friday.
We are working in partnership across the local area so you may not see a clinician from this practice. The clinician will have access to a summary but not your full notes so appointments are better suited to new conditions or single issue enquiries. The practice will receive a full summary of your consultation and any actions resulting from it the next morning.
Once the benefits of this service have been assessed it may result in longer opening hours being available on a more permanent basis.
Please contact us by phone for details on the locations of the clinics and how to book an evening or weekend appointment.